90 Miles From Tyranny : Forced Silence

infinite scrolling

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Forced Silence

In a democracy, citizens must be able to criticize their leaders. It’s a reason America’s founders put free speech in the Bill of Rights. I assumed that right is safe in the United States. So I was shocked to learn what happened in Wisconsin.

Before dawn, Deborah Jordahl was awakened by the sound of cops banging on her front door. She rushed downstairs before police used their battering ram to break the door down. The officers then said her household was under criminal investigation.


They ordered Deborah and her son Adam to step aside while they took her family’s computers, cellphones and files. They also told her, don’t talk to anyone about this investigation! If you do, you may be jailed!

They wouldn’t tell her why.

School buses drove by. Neighbors wondered what was going on at the Jordahl house.

Deborah’s son told me, “People came up to me at school and said, ‘Hey, what happened at your house this morning?’” He couldn’t legally answer.

No one in the family was allowed to explain that....
Read More HERE

2 comments:

B said...

The victims shoulda stood up and screamed anyway. Let the truth come to light. I think I'd have taken the chance on being convicted for going to the newspapers....

B said...

The victims shoulda stood up and screamed anyway. Let the truth come to light. I think I'd have taken the chance on being convicted for going to the newspapers....