90 Miles From Tyranny : NYT: Withdraw From Your Family Unless They Support Black Lives Matter

infinite scrolling

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

NYT: Withdraw From Your Family Unless They Support Black Lives Matter









The New York Times ran a column over the weekend calling on so-called "white allies" to withdraw from their loved ones and relatives if they're not supporting Black Lives Matter organizations through "protest" or "financial contributions."

In a column by Chad Sanders titled, "I Don't Need 'Love' Texts From My White Friends," Sanders claimed he lives "constantly" with "the fear of death" as he could be killed at any time by racist white police and lamented how white liberals keep reaching out to him to show they care.

Sanders wrote:
As a black man, what I actually feel -- constantly -- is the fear of death; the fear that when I go for my morning stroll through Central Park or to 7-Eleven for an AriZona Iced Tea, I won't make it back home. I fear I won't get to celebrate my parents' 40th anniversary; I won't get to add money to my nephew's brokerage account on his third birthday; I won't get to take my partner out dancing in her favorite Bed-Stuy bars.

[...] When you text me and tell me you're "just thinking of me" because this fear is momentarily evident to you after seeing the atrocities depicted on CNN, you create work for me. You invite me to coddle you and respond to you and tell you that it's not your fault and that you are special. That attacks my dignity. That dehumanizes me.

Sanders said white allies should start giving cash payments to black politicians and anti-racism groups, send texts to their "relatives and loved ones telling them you will not be visiting them or answering phone calls until they take significant action in supporting black lives either through protest or financial contributions" and start using themselves as human shields for black protesters.

Sanders wrote that white allies must start offering:

Read More HERE

4 comments:

ScooterMan said...

It didn't take long for BLM to become GoFundMe.

Edward Teach said...

If my family supported Black Lies Madder, I'd be withdrawing from THEM!

Anonymous said...

Actually read an article that the fund page for BLM is forwarding the funds raised to the DNC.

Exile1981

Differ said...

Go check it out: 6 days, only $350 raised out of $1.5M goal.... guy begging for beer money got more quicker.