90 Miles From Tyranny : GOP Rep. Waltz on China Bounty Intel: ‘Regularly’ Saw Chinese-Made Weapons in Hands of Taliban, I’m ‘Demanding’ Briefing

infinite scrolling

Saturday, January 2, 2021

GOP Rep. Waltz on China Bounty Intel: ‘Regularly’ Saw Chinese-Made Weapons in Hands of Taliban, I’m ‘Demanding’ Briefing

On Friday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Fox & Friends,” Rep. Michael Waltz (R-FL) reacted to declassified intelligence suggesting China placed bounties on U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan by stating that during his service in Afghanistan, “We regularly saw brand new, Chinese-made weapons” in the hands of the Taliban and saying that he is demanding a briefing on the intelligence.

Waltz said, [relevant remarks begin around 7:15] “We regularly saw brand new, Chinese-made weapons all over the place when we captured them from the Taliban. We could never confirm for sure back then whether they were off the black market or they were being provided from the Chinese government. I am demanding a briefing. 

I want to see action if this intelligence turns...



Read More HERE

1 comment:

tsquared said...

I saw newish Chinese and Russian weapons when I was in Afghanistan. I carried a Russian AEK-919 in 9x18mm Makarov for about 9 months over there. It is Russia's version of a MAC-9. They have only been around since the early 90's and I am not sure how they made it into Afghanistan by 2009 when I was there for a year. I got mine from a Army SFC that had six of them taken from the shitheads they had killed on patrol. He also had RPG's, recoilless rifles, and AK-74's. All of the ammo they had was Chinese.