- Chudy Nsobundu, 56, and Sandra Nsobundu, 50, have been indicted for enslaving a Nigerian woman for more than two years
- The 38-year-old filed a complaint last month alleging that the couple forced her to work more than 20 hours without pay
- She was also allegedly forced to eat their leftover meals and sleep on the floor
- The nanny alleged that they repeatedly abused her and wouldn't allow her communication with her family
- The Nsobundus could face up to 60 years in federal prison if convicted
- Bringing African culture to America
A Texas couple has been indicted for allegedly enslaving a Nigerian nanny for more than two years while they forced her to work without pay and abused her.
Chudy Nsobundu, 56, and Sandra Nsobundu, 50, who are also Nigerian, have been charged with forced labor, withholding documents, visa fraud, conspiracy to harbor and harboring an illegal alien, according to KHOU.
The couple, who live in Katy, a city in Houston, Texas, physically and verbally abused the 38-year-old woman and often referred to her as 'the idiot', according to a criminal complaint filed on February 4.
She allegedly worked for more than 20 hours each day from 5.30am until 1am cleaning, cooking and taking care of five children.
The woman claims that the couple initially promised her a $100 per month salary which she says they never gave her.
She alleges that the family did not allow her to eat fresh food and that she was only allowed to eat leftovers from their meals.
If she wanted milk for her tea, the nanny said she would have to strain milk from the children's cereal bowls.
The employee said she was severely abused in the home.
Her complaint also claims that Sandra Nsobundu dragged her by her hair and hit her across the face because she did not like the socks the woman put on one of her...
Read more HERE