90 Miles From Tyranny : Filthy Octopus Is Now Ancipient.com

infinite scrolling

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Filthy Octopus Is Now Ancipient.com

Ancipient

I have been working on Filthy Octopus off and on for about six months now.
Originally I wanted a catchy name which I found out later that filthy octopus also has a pretty gross alternative meaning... I have now renamed it to ancipient.com.

Ancipient.com is an automated, curated, rules based news aggregation website. If I wanted it to sound sexy, I could say it uses artificial intelligence to select news articles. It does not. It uses negative and positive keywords, data rules and curation to select news articles. There is a lot of improvement that needs to go into it, and it will continue to improve.  When other news aggregaters have not updated any new news in hours, you can always depend on my trusty robot ancipient to work 24/7 to keep you updated.

I welcome any constructive criticism to help me improve it.

Thanks, Mike

p.s.
My email is 90ninetymiles 
and that would be at that gmail place.






5 comments:

Phil said...

Added to the left side Blogroll as soon as I saw this.

Phil @ Vulgar Curmudgeon

Phil said...

Hey Mike, Blogger can't find an RSS feed for that.
I added it anyway but it won't automatically update unless Blogger can find a feed.
JFYI.

Mike Miles said...

Phil,

I appreciate it. Add it like this: ancipient.com/rss.xml

Mike

Mike Miles said...

If anyone else wants to get on the reciprocal blog list on page 2 of ancipient.com, just add ancipient.com/rss.xml and let me know!

Phil said...

OK, fixed it. Thanks.