90 Miles From Tyranny : VIDEO: NAACP President Claims He Was Profiled On Stop, Then Chief Releases Video

infinite scrolling

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

VIDEO: NAACP President Claims He Was Profiled On Stop, Then Chief Releases Video

The police chief has openly called NAACP President Rev. Jerrod Moultrie a liar after his false accusations.

Timmonsville, SC - The South Carolina NAACP president posted about how he was racially profiled on a traffic stop, and now the police chief has responded by releasing bodycam video and calling him a liar (video below.)

NAACP President Rev. Jerrod Moultrie posted to Facebook on April 13 about how he was just racially profiled on a traffic stop.



The allegations in his account are disturbing, and would indicate profiling by the officer - except none of it was true.

Below is a transcript of the interaction as posted by Rev. Moultrie:

Me: hello sir how can I help you


related: Body Cam Footage Debunks Woman’s Claim She Was Harassed by ‘White Cop’

Officer: I am stopping you cause you fail to put on a turn signal and do you have any drugs in the car

Me: sir how would you know If I used my tum signal when you was approaching me as I turn and is there any drugs in your car?

Officer: License and registration

Me:sir can I take off my seat belt and get it

Officer: sure

Me: (as i open glove box i said )sir this is a new car i just purchased and all ! have is bill of sale, insurance card and registration from car I am transferring tags

Officer: ok where you work and who car is this and why you in this neighborhood

Me: sir I am a pastor and I live in the house on the left

Officer:And I guess I am the bill gates

Me: sir what's the problem

Officer: I ask who car for the last time and why you in this neighborhood

Me: I told you for last time who car and where I live.( as my neighborhood starts to come out there house) By the way sir can I speak to your supervisor

Officer: walks away with my information When he returned he said did you know your tags comes back to another vehicle

Me: sir I just explain this to you

Officer: you need to park this vehicle and never drive it till you get this straight with DMV

Me: sir I have purchased multiple vehicles and never heard this now officer and I start fussing cause I said well i will be driving my car sir and anyt time I want

Officer: I am waming you to not drive this car till tags get straight and just know I am doing you a favor tonight not taking you to jail or writing you a ticket

Me: sir you might be doing your Self a favor but you certainly not doing me a favor.


The reverend finished off his post by saying that his wife and baby were in the back seat, but still he was profiled and accused of having drugs.

"Guess I can't be a pastor and can't drive a Mercedes Benz and live in a nice neighborhood," Rev. Moultrie said. "...someone needs to answer for this behavior and this officer will."

After seeing the post, local community activist Timothy Waters went down to the police department to look at the bodycam and dash camera footage, according to WPDE.

He was shocked to see that everything the reverend said was a lie.

"Once I got a copy of that body cam, it's as if he made the whole story up. And I felt like he set us back 100 years, because think about all of the racial profiling cases (that) are true," Waters told WPDE.

WPDE reports that Timmonsville Police Chief Billy Brown said that Rev. Moultrie even went so far as to contact him the next morning to claim that he had been racially profiled and...

Read More HERE

4 comments:

tsquared said...

Before bodycams, how many cries of "racially profiled" or "racially provoked attacks" actually were real? And this was a religious leader?

Angus McThag said...

How many times have we heard genuine racists say something to the effect of, "but you know how THEY lie!"

Now we're getting body cam footage that actually supports something real live racists have been saying for decades?

You've really got to work to make the Klan look smart and well informed.

HEADDESK

Igor Jones said...

Tony T2 -

This clown is as religious as the late Madeline Murray O'Hare. He is a charlatan POS, driving a Mercedes while he fleeces his flock. I feel for those poor bastards in his sham church. May this wake them up to his chicanery.

Robbie in Pittsburgh

Mike aka Proof said...

Good thing this officer had the body cam. The officer was nothing if not courteous and professional, and this race baiting poverty pimp was slandering his good name. I hope Moultrie gets all the bad publicity he deserves.