90 Miles From Tyranny : Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts...

infinite scrolling

Thursday, March 3, 2022

Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts...

 
No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue
I could not foresee this thing happening to you
If I look hard enough into the setting sun
My love will laugh with me before the morning comes

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colours anymore, I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by, dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

2 comments:

Rick said...

Two examples from CA:

An electrician, well versed in all facets of the trade. His entire business model was he is not state licensed. A trained paralegal, he could articulate why, citing numerous cases of a tradesman prevailing against the state. His work was top notch, he was in high demand.

An attorney, easily passed the Bar on first attempt. He was steadfast about not joining the bar. His legal expertise was in high demand.

Both of the above were very up front about not being licensed by the state. Both preferred the client do as much footwork as practical.

The state has long complicated the practice of one's trade but there are legal ways to avoid the pitfalls which the state has laid for the ignorant and unwary.

Just be certain that before hiring an unlicenced worker that they do have in effect a current bond.

Feraldog said...

The bond is only for completion of a job. If a homeowner hires an unlicensed tradesman for a project he/sh/it ( must be correct here) is considered an employee of the owner. The Owner is then responsible for all the usual employee taxes and such. That is not the big one though. The owner is liable if the tradesman gets hurt on the job. Does Joe Homeowner carry workmans comp insurance? Doubtful. Way back when I was a roofing contractor in CA. I bailed when comp rates went to 55% of payroll. No for a startup, it over 100% of payroll. The insurance company makes more than your employees do.