90 Miles From Tyranny : The Ring Revolver

infinite scrolling

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Ring Revolver

Produced in the 1800's, the (probably French made) ring pistol is a perfect example of what was known as “la petite protectors”. The ring pistol once was one of the smallest killing devices ever developed.There doesn’t seem to be much info around regarding the practicality of the finger mounted firearm however, after a long search it appears some believe that: If it were fired, the smoke, flames, and noise would be considerable. The muzzle velocity would probably be so low that the powder burn would be worse than the bullet”

2 comments:

angrymike said...

I have to admit, I have never seen one pf these in my life, now I want one......
Hope you had a Marry Christmas ...........;)

Brock Townsend said...

I do also, in fact I just showed it to Dixie. A great conversation piece, even if it didn't fire, for a girl especially.