90 Miles From Tyranny : Zen and the Art of Channeling my Inner Boy

infinite scrolling

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Zen and the Art of Channeling my Inner Boy

My Inner boy needed to be stimulated so I bought myself a beginner bow. A Barnett Sportflight Recurve Archery Set from Amazon for 40 bux delivered. It has only a 25 pound draw weight but it is perfect for a beginner like me. I bought an extra three arrows so now I have a total of five arrows. This is it in my dining room. I used the box it came in and filled it with other boxes filled with styrofoam and it is working well for target practice for now. If I stand in my living room, I get a distance of a good 30 feet and I don't have to worry about going outside and scaring my neighbors. I have yet to pierce any furniture, walls or patio blinds. The bow stands almost 5 feet tall. I'm having fun with it, but it is scaring my daughters cat whom I am currently babysitting while she is out of town. 
There does seem to be some heated controversy on Amazon comments about whether or not this is a recurve bow or a long bow. I could give about two shits.

It makes arrows fly through the air really fast and pierces things. Cool!


One day when I grow up, I'm gonna take my bow out to the everglades and I'm gonna go gator huntin'!

Man Thought: I think I need a permit for that...

4 comments:

c w swanson said...

Careful, traditional archery is addicting. When you feel like it, buy one of those cube targets. I've had one in the back yard for three years and it still sits there and absorbs arrows just like when I bought it, even if it looks a bit worse for wear. Great fun.

hiswiserangel said...

Leave. The. Cat. Alone.

Mike Miles said...

Can't. He's too soft and cuddly.

Mike Miles said...

I think I will. Can you recommend protection for my white collar office fingers?