90 Miles From Tyranny : One Of The Greatest Blog Posts Ever: How to Get a Million Hits on Your Blog in Less Than a Year

infinite scrolling

Thursday, June 13, 2013

One Of The Greatest Blog Posts Ever: How to Get a Million Hits on Your Blog in Less Than a Year

I am projecting Hitting 1 Million Hits on this blog somewhere around July 22nd.  This is well within 1 year of my start.   The below article contributed to my goal:


How to Get a Million Hits on Your Blog in Less Than a Year

Having promised an appropriate celebration of passing the 1-million-visitors Site Meter threshold Friday, I will do so by sharing the secret of my success. It's the Underpants GnomeTheory of Blogging:
Phase 1: Get a Blogspot account.
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: One million visitors!

Obviously, the key here is Phase 2, which has been exceptionally disorganized. Some guys work smart. Some guys work hard. Some guys are just incredibly lucky.

The perceptive blog consumer will notice that posts here don't have all those little thingies (Digg, etc.) the way some other blogs do. This is not because I disdain such methods of traffic enhancement, but because I'm such a primitive Unfrozen Caveman Blogger I can't figure that stuff out. It's the same reason I'm still on a Blogspot platform, rather than switching to a custom-designed Wordpress format. Blogspot is so simple that even I can figure it out, and if they'd just offer a few more templates -- hey, guys, how about a template with variable-width sidebars on both sides? -- I might be able to fake that custom-designed elegance, too. I understand basic HTML, but Javascript no can do, and I'm too cheap to shell out the bucks for geek services.

Read The Rest Of The Article here:
http://rsmccain.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-to-get-million-hits-on-your-blog-in.html

No comments: