90 Miles From Tyranny : The case against fluoride

infinite scrolling

Monday, October 3, 2022

The case against fluoride

Nobody likes to admit they made a mistake.

At the AB 2098 event in Sacramento today, Jay Sanders of fluoridealert.org walked up to me and asked me, “Can I give you a book?”

This is the sort of life changing question that got Robert F. Kennedy Jr. to realize that vaccines aren’t safe.

So after a 10 second hesitation to overcome my cognitive dissonance (<sarcasm on>since as we all know fluoridation must be safe since it is mandated everywhere <sarcasm off>), I said yes, and I ended up with a copy of “The Case against Fluoride: How Hazardous Waste Ended Up in Our Drinking Water and the Bad Science and Powerful Politics That Keep It There.

Sound familiar? :)

In a nutshell, here is what you need to know.

Trials began in 1945.

It was approved in 1950, before any trials were completed and any comprehensive studies were published.

There is a tiny net benefit to fluoride if it is kept in your mouth and not swallowed. It can slightly reduce your risk of a cavity.

Once you swallow it, the risks strongly outweigh the benefits. IQ drops significantly and other negative health outcomes accrue. It’s not a close call.

In hindsight, it was a stupid intervention.

It would have been better to have limited fluoride to small doses in toothpaste, mouth rinse, etc, that are then spat out. This provides the benefits of strengthening tooth enamel, without the detriments of deteriorating bones by drinking an unknown dosage.

But nobody likes to admit they made a mistake! Does this sound familiar?

All large towns “in California” are required to fluoridate (CA Law AB733). There is no federal fluoridation law.

BUT, almost all large U.S. cities are fluoridated. The ADA is an extremely powerful lobby.

Short term ways to avoid fluoride:
Long term ways to avoid fluoride in your water:
  • Donate to fluoridealert.org. This is the best long-term investment that helps everyone.
  • Get your town to stop fluoridating the water. It’s poison. You will have to overcome the same disbelief you get when you tell people the COVID vaccines aren’t safe.
  • Change the law in your state to outlaw fluoridation. Like vaccines, the science is crystal clear when you look at it; but nobody wants to look at it. After we take down the COVID vaccines, people will hopefully be more receptive to looking at the risk-benefit here.
For more information:

1 comment:

boron said...

I don’t have the time on this earth to argue each point, valid or no.
Some of my background: I graduated with a BA from Cornell, major in Chemistry; four years later I graduated with a DDS from NYU College of Dentistry over fifty years ago. I’ve kept up with the latest research in all fields of dentistry (and quite a bit in chemistry), not just because it’s required, but my basic nature is just plain nosy: I’ve gotta know what’s goin’ on.
I think (it’s been a while since I investigated the pros and cons of fluoride – I thought it was a dead issue already) but yes! It’s a rat poison and is fatal to humans when used in the correct quantity.
I have read a lot of soi-disant research which makes me blush and want to crawl under the table.
The most interesting points about fluoride were easily demonstrated because there were children and their previously expectant mothers living in high-fluoride areas as comparison populations.
Yes! There were tooth discolorations, but I never saw any questions raised about gamete production or the disruption thereof, I never saw any question of growth pattern disruption, or mental acuity problems: at least no moreso than when compared to the general population.
Please pardon me if I say that fluoride in proper dosage and timing is beneficial to greater than 99% of the population and if someone (other than Anthony Fauci) has done some good, repeatable research proving otherwise, I’ll be happy to review it and change my mind.