90 Miles From Tyranny : Twin Mysterious Stories About Two Sets Of Twins

infinite scrolling

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Twin Mysterious Stories About Two Sets Of Twins

Twin Boys, twin lives
The stories of identical twins' nearly identical lives are often astonishing, but perhaps none more so than those of identical twins born in Ohio. The twin boys were separated at birth, being adopted by different families. Unknown to each other, both families named the boys James. And here the coincidences just begin. Both James grew up not even knowing of the other, yet both sought law-enforcement training, both had abilities in mechanical drawing and carpentry, and each had married women named Linda. They both had sons whom one named James Alan and the other named James Allan. The twin brothers also divorced their wives and married other women - both named Betty. And they both owned dogs which they named Toy. Forty years after their childhood separation, the two men were reunited to share their amazingly similar lives. (Source: Reader's Digest, January 1980)



Twin brothers, killed on the same road, two hours apart
In 2002, Seventy-year-old twin brothers died within hours of one another after separate accidents on the same road in northern Finland. The first of the twins died when he was hit by a truck while riding his bike in Raahe, 600 kilometres north of the capital, Helsinki. He died less than a mile from the spot where his brother was killed. "This is simply a historic coincidence. Although the road is a busy one, accidents don't occur every day," police officer Marja-Leena Huhtala told Reuters. "It made my hair stand on end when I heard the two were brothers, and identical twins at that. It came to mind that perhaps someone from upstairs had a say in this," she said. (Source: BBC News)
NOTE: our reader Linus wrote us after reading local newspaper Helsingin Sanomat: "Your story about the Finnish twins is missing some details: The first brother was killed by a truck while riding his bike and crossing highway 8. He apparently didn't notice the truck in the snow blizzard. The second brother was killed by a truck only two hours later while riding his bike and crossing highway 8. The second brother couldn't have been aware of the first brother's death, as the police was still trying to identify the victim."

More Interesting Stories, Amazing or Funny Things CLICK HERE

1 comment:

Doom said...

While I don't have a twin (being adopted I had always hoped to find one), I had an odd situation. I was born to an unmarried woman. She gave me up at birth, though it was quite difficult for her. She went on to marry and have two children, just as the initial family I was stationed with. Stationed, you like that? :) Anyway, I was the youngest, and largest, of the boys. Her sons were likewise size and age situated. She named the youngest my name, and the oldest my brother's name (we were older, so had them first :p ). The younger larger brother and I shared some interesting... oddities. The older brother went into the career path I tried to enter, electrical engineering (health held me out). There were some other things, but... it was very... strange. Beyond coincidence, as I see things.

Still, I really hoped I had a twin. Then again, as similar as we would have been... maybe not. Oh, but the mini-me did end up committing suicide, the same way I once tried only he was successful. Shotgun. Don't ask me, all I got was a *click* and a couple of skipped heartbeats until my mind realized it wasn't... ethereal, and an new wall paintjob. Bleh.