90 Miles From Tyranny : Amazing Photos Collection #2

infinite scrolling

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Amazing Photos Collection #2

The Great Chinese Famine 1960
I post a lot of historical pictures because I find them amazing. They serve as a reminder of where we were and where we have come. They bring back memories of what was and the hopes and dreams of the people and times that they capture. They inspire me, make me sad, make me happy and remind me of things that were and the dynamics of the pictures that stay the same and how my perceptions of them change over time.

For a few minutes, forget your troubles, forget your worries, open up and take a journey...

Camels and burning Kuwaiti oil fields that had been blown up by retreating Iraqi troops, 1991.

Amazing Photos Collection #1
Amazing Photos Collection #2
Amazing Photos Collection #3
Amazing Photos Collection #4
Amazing Photos Collection #5
Amazing Photos Collection #6 -or- Surreal picture of a Zeppelin under construction, circa 1935
Amazing Photos Collection #7 -OR- Canal Street, New Orleans, circa.1910 
Amazing Photos Collection #8 -OR- Central Avenue (Route 66) looking west, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Amazing Photos Collection #9 -OR July 7, 1865 - Hanging of the Democrat conspirators in the assassination of Lincoln, at Fort McNair, Washington D.C.

No comments: