90 Miles From Tyranny : Georgetown Professor Calls For Whites To Have An I.R.A. – "Individual Reparations Account"

infinite scrolling

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Georgetown Professor Calls For Whites To Have An I.R.A. – "Individual Reparations Account"

Georgetown Professor Michael Eric Dyson is proposing the idea that white people should have an ‘Individual Reparations Account’ to make donations to black institutions and individuals.

The idea is part of his forthcoming book, “Tears We Cannot Stop: A Sermon to White America.”

Dyson made the argument during an interview with Ana Marie Cox in the January 8 edition of the New York Times Magazine.

From the interview:

At the end of your sermon, you do a “benediction” section, in which you talk about making reparations on the local and individual level: donating to groups like the United Negro College Fund or a scholarship program, but also, to cite your example from the book, paying “the black person who cuts your grass double what you might ordinarily pay.” That gave me pause!

Good! I used to say in church, “If the sermon ain’t making you a little bit uncomfortable, it ain’t effective.” Look, if it doesn’t cost you anything, you’re not really engaging in change; you’re engaging in convenience. You’re engaged in the overflow. I’m asking you to do stuff you wouldn’t ordinarily do. I’m asking you to....


Read More HERE

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You first. Have your white half set up such an account and send the money to all your black friends.

paying “the black person who cuts your grass double what you might ordinarily pay.”

HAHAHAHA! I haven't seen a black guy cutting grass in decades. It's all Mexicans and Guatemalans now.

taminator013 said...

I think I've already paid enough in reparations by letting them steal my car and strip it of tires, battery and stereo and dumping it in the projects................

Anonymous said...

Bless his heart. Isn't he precious?

MrGarabaldi said...

Really, want to create more animosity???...Push such a thing...I am suffering from "Negro fatigue"

Unknown said...

I'm all for this. Here's my great great great grandfathers address.He'll gladly pay you. St. Johns Cemetery Queens NY Died 1865. (Killed in war freeing a people with no gratitude)