90 Miles From Tyranny : Mary Matalin Says What We All Know, Trump Is A Great President....

infinite scrolling

Monday, March 12, 2018

Mary Matalin Says What We All Know, Trump Is A Great President....

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. – Political consultant Mary Matalin praised President Trump as “a great overall president,” calling his job performance “stunning” and adding that she can “die happy now.”

In 2016, Matalin left the Republican Party and registered as a Libertarian but the pundit told PJM she “can’t leave the party because it’s Hotel California.”

“I always thought, as Reagan did, that libertarianism was central to conservatism. I have the same philosophy and I support the same policies. I just thought, at the time, it had nothing to do with Trump, whom I think is doing a great job. It’s just that I didn't see those principles and policies being reflected in the majorities that we kept electing,” Matalin told PJM in an exclusive interview at the recent Conservative Political Action Conference.

“So I don't know why it made any difference to anybody, but I want to re-express to myself, to my kids and my community, to remind them of what Reagan said about the balance between liberty, that tension and that part of preserving our freedom has to do with conservative policies. I think libertarianism precedes conservatism or it's certainly iatrical to it. So I didn't think it was that big of a deal; I didn’t leave the party and I can’t leave the party because it’s Hotel California,” she added, referring to the Eagles song in which you can check out but never leave.

Matalin, a veteran Republican strategist, said she’s specifically pleased with Trump’s “fabulous” leadership on tax reform and his can-do attitude toward public policy.

“I think he's stunning; he's a paradigmatic shift because, for him, I think, it's an isolated paradigm shift. I don't think anybody else can do it because everybody else who thinks they know about politics impedes their own forward motion by saying it can't be done. He doesn’t have that gene --everything can be done,” she said.

“Everything is possible, and guess what? He has proved that it is. Do you know how many years, decades, I worked on tax reform? He did it like that, changing people's lives. Do you know how long we all ran against Obamacare? …The less reported is the most significant for the economy … regulatory relief,” she added.

Matalin said Trump’s regulatory relief agenda has given hope back to the business community, young families and....Read More HERE

1 comment:

Dink Newcomb said...

Sorry to be a wet blanket! The repugnant behavior of someone who would marry James Carville somehow makes me feel disgust at her opinions and their validity on any subject.
BTW-- where did you root her up? I haven't seen any mention of her in years.