90 Miles From Tyranny : The Linguistic Consequences Of This Election Are Immeasurable...

infinite scrolling

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

The Linguistic Consequences Of This Election Are Immeasurable...


 Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage




[Verse 1]
The world is a vampire
Sent to drain
Secret destroyers
Hold you up to the flames
And what do I get
For my pain?
Betrayed desires
And a piece of the game

[Pre-Chorus]
Even though I know
I suppose I'll show
All my cool and cold
Like ol' Job

[Chorus 1]
Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage
Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage
Someone will say, "What is lost can never be saved."
Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage

[Verse 2]
Now I'm naked
Nothing but an animal
But can you fake it
For just one more show?
And what do you want?
I wanna change
What do you got
When you feel the same?


No comments: